Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
WikiHorses is a comprehensive database of information about horses and horse-related topics since May, 2007 that anyone can edit.
Before editing, you need to read the rules.
November 8, 2016 - The adoption was sucessfully completed but i need help for expanding this lonely wiki, ¿can you help?, btw. i changed theme because i wanted the same theme as the recently closed Horses Wiki
November 7, 2016 - The merge was successfully completed expanding this wiki (now horse.wikia.com/wiki/ redirects to this wiki) all the pages from the other wiki is kept on this wiki, now we need this wiki new page colors
October 21, 2016 - Horses Wiki will become merged to this wiki to expand this wiki and help like the previous new
July 3, 2008 - Let's get WikiHorses revived! Please help us by contributing your knowledge of horses!
Please help us improve our database by creating an article!
To write a new article for WikiHorses, type the page name in the box below.
- Curry Comb -Using this,you brush in circles.
- Brush- Start at the front of the horse work your way back/down.
- Hoof Pick - Pinch the back of the horses leg,and pick it up. Work around the "V" Formation (Frog) in the horses hoof and work outwards.
- Mane & Tail comb -Start at the bottom to get knots out and work your way up.
Saddles & Such
There are two main ways of Riding,English and Western.
Western,has a horn on the pommel. And is very distinct...
The English saddle is more elegant and ways much less. But does not have a horn.
Halters-Halters are usaully used when not riding,To tie a horse to groom and so on.
Lead Rope- To lead the horse.It is a piece of rope that attaches to the horses halter under the neck.
Cross Ties- Connects to the halter.Used when grooming,etc.
Do's and dont's
- Don't EVER walk under/in front of/or in back of a horse-you could get kicked or bitten.
- Don't yell around a horse-he could spook.
- Don't run around a horse-again,he could spook.
- Don't wear shorts.
- Don't tie a horse by it's reins.
- Don't wear sandals or go barefoot around a horse.
- Do wear a helmet. - When falling from a horse,a head injury is the main reason of death.Or injury.
- Do double check your tack.
- Do mount from the left side of the horse.
- Do wear heeled boots/shoes.
- Do 'wear breaches or jodpers