October 21, 2016 - Horses Wiki will become merged to this wiki to expand this wiki and help like the previous new
July 3, 2008 - Let's get WikiHorses revived! Please help us by contributing your knowledge of horses!
Please help us improve our database by creating an article!
To write a new article for WikiHorses, type the page name in the box below.
. Grooming: To groom a horse,you need a few essential things.
- Curry Comb -Using this,you brush in circles.
- Brush- Start at the front of the horse work your way back/down.
- Hoof Pick - Pinch the back of the horses leg,and pick it up. Work around the "V" Formation (Frog) in the horses hoof and work outwards.
- Mane & Tail comb -Start at the bottom to get knots out and work your way up.
Saddles & Such
There are two main ways of Riding,English and Western.
Western,has a horn on the pommel. And is very distinct...
The English saddle is more elegant and ways much less. But does not have a horn.
Halters-Halters are usaully used when not riding,To tie a horse to groom and so on.
Lead Rope- To lead the horse.It is a piece of rope that attaches to the horses halter under the neck.
Cross Ties- Connects to the halter.Used when grooming,etc.
Do's and dont's
- Don't EVER walk under/in front of/or in back of a horse-you could get kicked or bitten.
- Don't yell around a horse-he could spook.
- Don't run around a horse-again,he could spook.
- Don't wear shorts.
- Don't tie a horse by it's reins.
- Don't wear sandals or go barefoot around a horse.
- Do wear a helmet. - When falling from a horse,a head injury is the main reason of death.Or injury.
- Do double check your tack.
- Do mount from the left side of the horse.
- Do wear heeled boots/shoes.
- Do 'wear breaches or jodpers